- This lead team member will be responsible for Accounts Payable (A/P) processing involving a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements and vendor statements; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, compile and review information for accuracy and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting principles and use of automated accounting systems and supporting software programs.
- This team member will be responsible for Accounts Receivable (A/R) processing: preparing customer invoices, preparing reports, contacting customers and maintenance and gathering of all necessary records and documents related to the A/R process in accordance with accounting standards.
- This team member is the lead A/P team member and will support the other accounting team member’s needs related to A/P processing or associated accounting processing.
- Team member will perform a range of accounting assistant assignments for management in a developing capacity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable– Responsible for the daily processing of A/P transactions in a purchase order environment, including matching documents for payment, coding and entering invoices into the A/P accounting software application. Duties include processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reports, employee per diems and credit card transactions on a regular and timely basis as well as resolving issues with vendors or transactions. Manage the usage of the company’s expense reporting software, assist with expense report submissions and expense report interface with accounting software.
- Accounts Receivable – Prepare and administer A/R process working with team members and customers to ensure timely submission of invoices to customers for payment, open invoice management and A/R reporting as assigned.
- As lead A/P team member, duties include reviewing the coding and transaction input of the other A/P team members for accuracy and correctness and facilitate error correction as necessary.
- Evaluate and establish process improvements as warranted and participate in implementation of approved processes with team members or other departments as appropriate.
- Retrieve, design and distribute system or spreadsheet reports as requested.
- Maintenance and safekeeping of financial records and reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills
- Must be organized and focused, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Outstanding customer service skills, always maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Able to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Be punctual and reliable
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Concur experience a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.
Job Status: Full Time