Autonomous Safety Steward - Miramar, CA
To accelerate innovation by democratizing and decentralizing the way ideas are shared and products are manufactured. We invite the world to help us create vehicles that inspire, empower and nurture humanity.
Drive community engagement above all else. Ensure open dialogue and transparency with community members in order to facilitate innovation and empower the individual maker.
Engage and empower global communities of designers, engineers, fabricators and automotive enthusiasts to solve local problems, locally, through distributed making.
Foster open collaboration in order to drive faster, more cost-effective, more thorough product development to drive improved safety and quality.
Make transportation more sustainable globally by empowering maker profitability, defending and advancing the environment, and improving safety and well-being.
Strive to succeed in the face of failure; meet deadlines regardless of obstacles; exceed expectations in the design, development and distribution of critical tools, services and finished products.
The successful candidates will drive and evaluate vehicles in the field, conduct pre-trip safety inspections as required, perform specialized test procedures and document findings in a clear and concise manner. We are looking for good, dependable, technically savvy and safe stewards to operate vehicles and their systems. Must be a team player that is flexible and detail oriented.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operational integrity of multiple autonomous vehicles.
- Conduct pre/post trip safety inspections as required, perform specified operational procedures and document findings in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written.
- Perform software, hardware, mechanical, and electrical troubleshooting on autonomous vehicles and submit trouble tickets.
- Perform daily/weekend demonstrations & briefings for potential investors and stakeholders.
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures.
- Attend weekly meetings to report on metrics and issues.
- Provide assistance in training new Safety Stewards.
- Follow all safety procedures and processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to quickly grasp unsafe driving situations in order to take over driving autonomous vehicles
- General and basic fundamental knowledge of the company’s autonomous vehicles
- Basic understanding of current trends in the automotive industry
- Working knowledge of these types of systems allowing for clear communication with service and support personnel
- Ability to use computer software application like Google doc, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to gather relevant metrics to support required documentation for stakeholders
- Able to contribute in a team environment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must possess some basic computer and operations skills
- This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver License required
- A clean driving record (No moving violations or at-fault accidents in the last 3 years)
- Travel may be required for between deployment sites in the general area
- Weekend hours will be required
- Must regularly lift and carry small packages around 10 pounds
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Status: Temp to Hire