CNC Machinist - Knoxville, TN Location
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with CNC programming software (Mastercam preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in programming, setting up and operating CNC Milling & Turning machines
- Engineers, Programs, Designs/Builds fixtures and/or Sets Up jobs for assigned projects
- Ensures engineering, programming and planning functions are completed properly and on time
- Works closely with Set Up Operators to make sure they are successful
- Ensures that tooling and fixtures are identified in advance and are available when needed
- Ensures that completed jobs are accurately closed out to provide for continuous improvement
- Participates in production meetings to report on the status of Engineering activities, highlight needs and issues, and participate in discussions regarding the business
- Optimizes and improves the productivity and cost efficiency of repeat jobs
- Is a role model in making sure that company processes and procedures are followed and that appropriate documents and paperwork are completed on a timely basis
- Understands the company Quality Management System and ensures that all policies, procedures, and work instructions are followed
- Ensure that work areas are safe, that safety policies and procedures are being followed, and that good standards of housekeeping are being followed.
- Trouble-shoot production, process or mechanical problems on the floor
- Participates in evaluating the acquisition of new machines and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school.
- Minimum five year of related experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication, technical and mechanical skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.
Job Status: Full Time