- The role of the Engineering Technician is to support the Electrical Lead Engineer with day to day duties involved with all electrical aspects of vehicle program execution from concept to program completion
- The candidate will interface with the entire design, program management and build team
- Extensive interaction with suppliers may be required.
- The candidate will be required to multitask across many functional areas and operate within established internal processes and guidelines.
- Strong communication skills coupled with a hands-on approach will determine the success of this position.
- Resourcefulness will be required to provide timely and positive results
- You must be quickly recognized as a team player with strong technical skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help resolve electrical architecture and build issues
- Apply hands-on timely problem resolution
- Assist with identification of component needs and availability
- Design, build, and modify wiring harnesses
- Install complex wiring and electrical components
- Determine and document wiring routing and securement
- Propose and help conduct required system and vehicle level testing and validation
- Develop tactical design and assembly fixes for vehicles under construction
- Suggest and facilitate engineering process improvements
- Assist with the development of instructions and documentation for system and vehicle level operation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Technical or Associate electrical degree or comparable experience in an automotive engineering environment
- Test and validation experience highly desired
- Must possess a strong understanding of vehicle electrical standards
- Ability to apply hands-on problem resolutions
- Willingness to operate in a collaborative environment
- Strong ability to diagnose complex electrical circuits utilizing computer software, multimeters, power supplies, and additional electronic equipment
- Must be able to interpret electrical engineering drawings
- Strong ability to communicate with engineering and production groups regarding technical issues and terminology
- Ability to assist with minor fabrication and assembly duties is highly desirable.
- Must be able to use various hand held and soldering tools required for the construction and assembly of electrical systems.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.
Job Status: Full Time