Junior Build Technician - Interior / Exterior Knoxville, TN
- The interior/exterior tech position is responsible for executing build activities as needed. Will conducts all manufacturing department processes and assists the senior tech as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Junior interior/exterior tech, you will be responsible for required to install components such as interior/exterior panel, glass, sensor fitting, fit and finish, Will be responsible for the exterior/interior defined by manufacturing process.
- This includes not only building vehicles according to specification, but testing and diagnosis of each vehicle both within our facility and follow up with quality and other manufacturing cells. This role requires an equal level of not only technical mechanical skills but people skills as well.
- Must be willing to work in a cross functional organization and be willing to support other area of build based on production needs.
- Coordinate activities across function.
- Escalate issues or decision effectively to production manager.
- Containment of issues as they arise on shift and work with quality and engineering team.
- Involved in hands-on execution of manufacturing operations.
- Accountability for results.
- Contribute toward authoring SOPs and Job aids, associated to the processes in they’re area.
- Support the implementation of Kanban and 5S systems to full production environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Technical field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive concentration preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
Five years of progressive production experience in the Automotive related industry is required. A working knowledge of all new processes and procedures relating to new products transfer and launch. Mechanical aptitude relative to the understanding of 3D printing and manufacturing fabrication methods. Proficiency in MS Office spreadsheet software preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for conflict resolution. The ability to read, write, follow and train others in complex instructions.
Job Status: Full Time