Junior Field Service Technician - Phoenix, AZ Location
- The Junior Field Service Technician position will assist in pre-installation, installation and customer support of Autonomous Vehicle programs. Under direct supervision of the SCM lead, this position functions as a customer contact on technical and service related problems on a wide range of areas to include setup and support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in scoping and site survey of vehicle deployments
- Ability to write effective summary and recommendations of site survey
- Identify potential issue points of interaction
- Provide customer support and education to clients
- Ability to meet customer demands in a timely manner
- Work with support vendors for installation
- Follow internal policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation
- Identify and assist in electrical, mechanical, and communication (ie Cellular/Wifi/DSRC) troubleshooting
- Communicate with multiple team members to solve issues.
- Document all issues with vehicles
- Identify and make recommendations on timely and cost effective repairs to maximize customer value and vehicle up time.
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess some basic computer and operations skills
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A two-year technical degree with strong electrical background or equivalent is preferred.
- EV certifications are preferred
- Travel of greater than 50% will be required.
- Familiarity with C++ programming and can bus systems
- Low Voltage diagnosis
- High Voltage diagnosis
- Must regularly lift and carry small packages around 10 pounds
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.
Job Status: Full Time