Senior Project Manager - Knoxville, TN Location
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic project plans and budgets.
- Develop and gain alignment on project charters that clearly define project scope, deliverables, timeline, resource allocation, and budget.
- Conduct kickoff meetings and regularly scheduled project reviews to ensure that status updates are provided to key stakeholders
- Work closely with team leaders from multiple departments (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing ,…) to ensure projects remain on track and within budget.
- Create and manage detailed project schedules and action item lists for assigned projects.
- Perform project closeout meetings to document results and collect “lessons learned” for assigned projects and programs.
- Collaborate with corporate leaders and stakeholders
- Provide support for planning and prioritization of future projects and programs.
- Coordinate activities and support cross-departmental teams to ensure a high level of communication between internal departments.
- As assigned, support meetings and interactions with customers and partners to ensure strong communication with external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project documentation for assigned business initiatives and strategic accounts.
- Write technical statements of work and business proposals for externally funded projects.
- Maintain and build greater relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Identify potential new business opportunities that exist within the current customer base or technologies of engagement.
- Report progress project updates to all levels of management, as needed.
- Assess project status and provide support to manage project risk.
- Use project management methodologies to monitor, manage, and control key success factors, including but not limited to risk management, cost management, and schedule management.
- Evaluate and provide suggested improvement to organizational processes and procedures.
- Perform additional duties and functions as assigned by the Program Manager or Executive Staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and skills:
- Leadership qualities, such as motivation techniques and conflict-management
- Computer literacy for spreadsheet and word processing software
- Time management skills, especially familiarity with calendar management and goal setting
- Familiarity with the work being done by each team member
- Knowledge of project management processes, such as Scrum and Agile
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Project Management certification a plus
Job Status: Full Time