Vice President of Engineering
- The Vice President of Engineering manages and directs corporate engineering for the business unit. The priorities for this position include strategic planning, product design, quality assurance and problem resolution. The Vice President of Engineering must execute product design to meet company objectives, partner with management and develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Supervises efficient working of company and ensure compliance to company policies and regulations.
- Facilitates interviews to hire appropriate team members and provide training to achieve all organizational goals.
- Performs and develops mechanism for appraisal of team members and evaluates work with the Human Experience department.
- Monitors all complaints and problems and ensure timely resolution for all.
- Develops strategies to design new products and incorporates effective technology to ensure dominant position in market.
- Administers market position of company and coordinates with customers, sales and marketing teams to design effective strategies to improve same.
- Establishes methods to improve technology resources for company and ensure effective product utilization.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of all methodologies and development process.
- Coordinates with R&D department and prepare plans for effective integration of various technical skills.
- Designs strategic plans to provide effective product development.
- Facilitates optimal utilization of carious engineering resources and ensures compliance to customer development.
- Analyzes and documents product specification for various marketing trends.
- Coordinates with directors and leadership team and ensure appropriate utilization of resources.
- Prepares efficient evaluation system for production process to maximize productivity.
- Maintains a multi-faceted metrics reporting system to provide up to date performance of the department and all initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 12 years experience in product design/development or new technologies
- At least 6 years experience leading new technologies or specialized technologies
- MS in Engineering
- At least 10 years experience in product design/development or new technologies
- At least 4 years experience leading new technologies or specialized technologies
- At least 5 years experience leading production vehicle programs.
- 5 years of related project management and related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams of greater than 20 persons.
- Demonstrated, exceptional customer care skills.
- Relevant experience in Design Verification/Process Validation methodologies.
- Experience using Siemens NX design software and Team center PLM in a fast paced, multi-user production environment preferred. Other software based on experience / relevance.
- Versed in Stage-Gate Methodologies and how cross functional teams interact for product development initiatives.
- Overall, multi-disciplinary knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering practices and methods to provide guidance and direction for department activities.
- Familiarity with environmental, mechanical, and electrical verification testing methodologies in an automotive environment.
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with ERP systems, MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.
Job Status: Full Time