Lead Engineer - Low Voltage Electrical System Knoxville, TN Location
- The role of the Lead Engineer – Low Voltage Electrical System is to conduct the Design & Engineering of the vehicle electrical system architecture, according to program timing and budget.
- This includes working with team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver proper solutions according to plan.
- The candidate will also follow process for quality control throughout the product development life cycle.
- The position will report from Knoxville, TN.
- You will be requested to manage multiple projects, resources and deadlines and provide updates to the team.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Electrical Engineer produces component and system specifications, designs, drawings, design verification procedures and reports in an effort to integrate and install state of the art electrical systems on Local Motors vehicles.
- Ensure designs meet FMVSS, UN-ECE, ISO, and UL, and other specified customer certifications
- Assist in definition of electrical system and component specifications
- Produce and implement designs, drawings, and test documentation
- Review electrical designs to ensure they are safe, robust, and efficient
- Focus on cost reductions and able to control project and testing costs.
- Liaising with suppliers
- Communicate well with the cross-functional team (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Management, etc.)
- Able to manage a multitude of various projects and strive for on-time engineering sign-off dates.
- Analyzing and interpreting engineering test data
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university, Master’s degree preferred.
- Individual needs to be technically minded, able to manage people and projects to completion.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant automotive or truck environment is required.
- Experience with communication protocols, e.g.: CAN, LIN, UART, SPI, I2C, UDS, XCP, Vector Canalyzer, CANAPE
- Experience with electrical diagram software such as Lucidchart, RapidHarness, oar AutoCAD Electrical
- Familiarity with various CAE methods and results interpretation.
- Experience with full product life cycles, from prototype to production.
- Experience using Siemens NX design software in a fast paced, multi-user production environment preferred.
- Vehicle, Diagnostic Control System Design
- Sensors and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge and experience with UDS diagnostic services and functional diagnostics development for products, exposure to ISO26262, MISRA
- Automotive displays (LCD, Touchscreen, etc.)
- Automotive Feature Integration
- Automotive Wiring /Harnesses
- DFMEA, DVP&R, and other essential Engineering Processes
- Simulink model based system design
Job Status: Full Time